Satdeep is an artist specialising in landscape and portrait painting and has been practising since 2011. Her work has featured in a number of international and national exhibitions as well as being reviewed and featured in art magazines and journals.
Born and raised in London, Satdeep now lives in Hampshire where she exhibits, produces commissions, and delivers art workshops.
Exhibitions and achievements:
Contestant on Sky Arts’ Landscape Artist of the Year (Herstmonceaux Castle)
Abstract Art Pop-Up, Fleet, UK.
Crossbarn Art Summer Art Show, Odiham, UK.
Farnham Arts Society Spring Pop-Up Show, Farnham, UK.
Fleet Arts Festival, Hampshire, UK.
Vision of Today, Art Nou Millenni Gallery, Barcelona, Spain.
Art Baho art fair, Art Nou Millenni Gallery, Barcelona, Spain.
John Lyon School charity exhibition, London.
Longlisted for the BP Portrait Award, National Portrait Gallery, London.
Oaktree and Tiger Ashurst Art Prize longlist, London.
University of Edinburgh’s Dangerous Women Project, Edinburgh, UK.
‘Sheroes’, Bhavan Centre and The River Gallery, London.
ZAP Summer Members Exhibition’, Bond House Gallery, London.
‘The New Venus’, Brixton East Gallery, London.
Solo exhibition, Kahaila Cafe, London.
Pegasus Theatre Art Fair, Oxford.
Oxford Art Fair.
‘Contemporary Painting’, The Brick Lane Gallery, London.
‘Rough Science’ solo exhibition, Brady Arts Centre, London.
Reviews, features and articles:
- ‘Women of Steel’ featured in the University of Edinburgh ‘Dangerous Women’ project [http://dangerouswomenproject.org/2016/08/03/women-of-steel/] in August 2016
- “This is an intelligent, thought-provoking, and confident debut by a bold and exciting new artist” – Fine Art London [http://www.fineartslondon.com/2013/05/09/rough-science-satdeep-grewal]
- Article featured in ‘Interactions’, Journal by the Institute of Physics [http://www.journalsofphysics.org/interactions/file_60285.pdf].
- Featured on Londonist’s ‘Week in Geek’ [http://londonist.com/2013/05/wigmay.php].
- Featured on Informed London’s ‘Thing to do today’ [http://informedlondon.com/13672/rough-science-brady-arts-and-community-centre-until-friday-31-may-2013].
- Make Art And Friends art classes, 2019. A range of painting and drawing workshops based in Hampshire and Surrey aimed at improving people’s artistic skills and confidence while connecting them to others in their community.
- Future Fest Visual Arts Workshop, 2014, in association with the Lyric Theatre Hammersmith. Satdeep led a 10-day workshop with twelve 11-19 year olds from West London as part of Future Fest. The workshop culminated in a 2-day exhibition at the Lyric Theatre.
- Family Sculpture Workshop, 2014, York House, 50 Andover Road, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 6JW. An arts workshop with challenging families which Satdeep ran together with West Berkshire Council’s Family Intervention Team.